Why Work at SI?
Secure Innovations (SI)
successfully and continuously strives to become experts in the Cybersecurity field by only focusing on Cyber! Because of this, we proudly stand behind our motto, "We're Not Standard Cyber. We're the Cyber Standard."
SI was built on the principle that people matter first and foremost. SI believes in providing a strong work/life balance by investing in our employees and encouraging professional and personal growth. We do this by offering exceptional benefits, flexible schedules, and the tools necessary to achieve success through paid training, mentoring, and the opportunity to work alongside top-notch security professionals.
Education & Clearance Requirements:
- BS & 9 yrs. experience (13 yrs exp. w/out degree)
- Candidate must have an active clearance
The Sr. Linux Systems Administrator will work on a team and:
Day to Day tasks could also include:
- Possess extensive experience with bash programming, Perl/Python programming, and Linux (RedHat/CentOS)
- Provide support for hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manages LINUX operating system and installs
- Create bash shell scripts to aid in system stability and deployment repeatability
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components
- Maintaining and monitoring system health and security posture of Tenable Nessus Scanners, Nessus Manager, and Security Centers. Providing Tier 3 support for the services those systems provide.
- Creating/maintaining/removing user accounts for all SAs to the local OS. Creating/deleting Security Center user accounts and SSP repositories
- Assisting customers in creating and troubleshooting scans in Security Center to allow them to get successful and accurate scan results
- Creating and scheduling scans for Nessus Agent scans (U)
- Collaborating with a team of engineers to ensure that CNO tools are adequately developed and properly implemented on the network. The team is responsible for ensuring the installation and operation of the GOTS tools developed. Tools are implemented on various operating systems to include Cisco IOS, Ubuntu Linux, CentOS, and Windows OS.