Why Work at SI?
Secure Innovations (SI)
successfully and continuously strives to become experts in the Cybersecurity field by only focusing on Cyber! Because of this, we proudly stand behind our motto, "We're Not Standard Cyber. We're the Cyber Standard."
SI was built on the principle that people matter first and foremost. SI believes in providing a strong work/life balance by investing in our employees and encouraging professional and personal growth. We do this by offering exceptional benefits, flexible schedules, and the tools necessary to achieve success through paid training, mentoring, and the opportunity to work alongside top-notch security professionals.
The Linux Cybersecurity Administrator will work on a team that was built to work with customers preparing for certification and accreditation. You will collaborate with a team of engineers to ensure that the installation and operation of OS and tools are properly implemented. Technologies include Cisco IOS, Ubuntu Linux, CentOS, and Windows OS. The team helps by tailoring vulnerability scanning and automated hardening scripts designed to help take the load off customers working with systems to secure and prepare for certification and accreditation. This team consists of Linux and Windows subject matter experts. They research and gather data to support compliance baselines and security questions.
Education & Clearance Requirements:
What you can expect to be doing:
- BS degree preferred
- 8570 IAT II (Sec+, CCNA Security, or similar certifications)
- Possess an active high-level security clearance
Day to Day tasks could also include:
- Researching and troubleshooting security or compliance related questions. Creating baselines for new and upcoming OS's or applications and creating a test environments to help support testing including modifying audit file variables. Your team would consist of roughly 3-6 individuals.
- Conducting verification and validation for security compliance of all information systems, products, and components.
- Working with SCAP and XML data used for security testing.
- Analyzing documentation, configuration practices and procedures and operational practices and procedures
- Providing identification of non-compliance of security requirements and possible mitigations to requirements that are not in compliance.
- Providing mock vulnerability assessment of systems
- Providing process improvement recommendations
- Assisting the government to draft standards and guidelines for usage
- Maintaining and monitoring system health and security posture of Tenable Nessus Scanners, Nessus Manager, and Security Centers. Providing Tier 3 support for the services those systems provide.
- Creating/maintaining/removing user accounts for all SAs to the local OS. Creating/deleting Security Center user accounts and SSP repositories
- Assisting customers in creating and troubleshooting scans in Security Center to allow them to get successful and accurate scan results
- Creating and scheduling scans for Nessus Agent scans (U)
- Experience in security testing or security engineering
- Possess extensive experience with bash programming and Linux (RedHat/CentOS)
- Experience using vulnerability scanning technologies.
- Experience working both individually and as a team.