Why Work at SI?
Secure Innovations (SI)
successfully and continuously strives to become experts in the Cybersecurity field by only focusing on Cyber! Because of this, we proudly stand behind our motto, "We're Not Standard Cyber. We're the Cyber Standard."
SI was built on the principle that people matter first and foremost. SI believes in providing a strong work/life balance by investing in our employees and encouraging professional and personal growth. We do this by offering exceptional benefits, flexible schedules, and the tools necessary to achieve success through paid training, mentoring, and the opportunity to work alongside top-notch security professionals.
The Cloud Operations systems administration team that is part of a larger Operations team working in a dynamic customer environment. Candidate will be responsible for supporting several cloud-based repositories. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: monitor system health; troubleshoot system problems; maintain storage systems; interface with other parts of the team for hardware, network, and infrastructure support; provide after-hours on-call/call-in support on a rotational basis; ensure system security requirements are satisfied; create/maintain system scripts; patch/upgrade system; and administer user accounts.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired (equivalent to (2) years of experience)
Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired (equivalent to (4) years of experience)
Certification Desired: Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification.
*Six (6) months experience administering or implementing Cloud technology will be accepted as substitution for certification.
- 1 – 3 years of experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>400 nodes).
- Experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
- Experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms.
- Experience working with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).