Why Work at SI?
Secure Innovations (SI)
successfully and continuously strives to become experts in the Cybersecurity field by only focusing on Cyber! Because of this, we proudly stand behind our motto, "We're Not Standard Cyber. We're the Cyber Standard."
SI was built on the principle that people matter first and foremost. Our focus is on PEOPLE - our employees and our customers. SI believes in providing a strong work/life balance by investing in our employees and encouraging professional and personal growth. We do this by offering exceptional benefits, flexible schedules, and the tools necessary to achieve success through paid training, mentoring, and the opportunity to work alongside top-notch security professionals.
Education & Clearance Requirements:
- High School/GED + 9 years OR Associates + 7 years OR Bachelors + 5 years OR Masters + 3 years OR Doctorate + 1 year
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a government clearance
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNA-Security, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED
SI is seeking a Mid - Sr. Linux Administrator
with experience supporting Virtual Machines (VM's). This person will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. Experience building, patching and maintaining servers both physical and virtual. An understanding of Cloud Infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is necessary.
- Provide system support services for Virtual Machines (VM's) and images (scripting, image maintenance, system configuration and automation)
- Establish automated workflows through PowerShell scripting and Task Sequence for creating and deploying cloud images.
- Ensure VMs and images are reporting to corporate tools (SCCM, ePO, etc). Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations
- Troubleshoot systems identifying hardware, software and procedural issues.
- Promptly and courteously respond to and ensure resolution of internal trouble ticket system requests in a timely manner:
- Determine the nature of the problem being reported
- Initiate the action necessary to resolve the problem
- Document all communication to and from customers
- Ensure follow-up on outstanding service issues
- Mid-level to Senior Linux systems in the areas of system administration, troubleshooting, integration, shell scripting, and development. (i.e. Task Sequence, SCCM, ePO, PowerShell scripting and configuring/maintaining DNS)
- Experience with VMWare and supporting a virtual infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with configuration management and development environments such as: git, subversion, or Jenkins
- Experience with any of the following: JIRA, Nagios, Python, Puppet, YUMRpo, Ansible Tower, and/or ILOM
- Experience with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (OSP)
- Experience with Windows System Administration