Why Work at SI?
Secure Innovations (SI) successfully and continuously strives to become experts in the Cybersecurity field by only focusing on Cyber! Because of this, we proudly stand behind our motto, "We're Not Standard Cyber. We're the Cyber Standard."
SI was built on the principle that people matter first and foremost. Our focus is on PEOPLE - our employees and our customers. SI believes in providing a strong work/life balance by investing in our employees and encouraging professional and personal growth. We do this by offering exceptional benefits, flexible schedules, and the tools necessary to achieve success through paid training, mentoring, and the opportunity to work alongside top-notch security professionals.
The Cybersecurity Engineer
, will work on a team that was built to work with customers preparing for certification and accreditation. They help by tailoring vulnerability scanning tools and automated hardening scripts designed to help take the load off customer working with systems to secure and prepare for certification and accreditation. This team consists of Unix, Windows and Application subject matter experts. They research and gather data to support compliance baselines and security questions.
Education & Clearance Requirements:
Day to day activities include:
- BS and 9 Years experience
- 8570 IAT II (Sec+, CCNA Security)
- TS/SCI FS poly
- Researching and troubleshooting security or compliance related questions. Creating baselines for new and upcoming OS's or applications and creating a test environments to help support testing including modifying audit file variables. Your team would consist of roughly 7-10 individuals.
- Conducting verification and validation for security compliance of all information systems, products, and components.
- Working with SCAP and XML data used for security testing.
- Analyzing documentation, configuration practices and procedures and operational practices and procedures
- Providing identification of non-compliance of security requirements and possible mitigations to requirements that are not in compliance.
- Providing mock vulnerability assessment of systems
- Providing process improvement recommendations
- Assisting the government to draft standards and guidelines for usage
- Experience in security testing or security engineering
- Experience with one or more of the following: Unix, Linux, and Windows systems
- Experience using vulnerability scanning technologies.
- Experience working both individually and as a team.